So I guess I’ll update (finally). I’ve started and entry so many times, but never actually wrote anything. I just opened up the page…and then exited after 2 hours of nothing getting done.
Well, it’s been what, a few weeks? I’ve been to a funeral, a wedding, and on vacation.
I’ll start in order. The funeral was for my friend CQ’s grandma. I’ve known her and her grandma since high school (14 years). I went and visited her in the hospital last year. She’s been in and out of the hospital through the year. I know it was hard for CQ and her family b/c they all were so close. And I mean, closer than most of us. CQ grew up in a house with her mom, grandma and aunt all under the same roof. Most of us have these relatives separate, but she grew up with them everyday. I wish that I could be closer to my family like that, but it just wasn’t so. Her grandpa died in the early 80’s, her dad died I think in that same time frame (although I don’t know, and never asked), and her aunt never married. So it was a house of women. Very supportive, and very loving is how I always saw it. I was glad to go and be a part of it. I sent flowers to the funeral, brought a card and made her family chili. My mom’s famous chili. CQ loves my mom’s chili and is always asking me to get her to make it.
Well, anything these days with my mom is a total all-on task, so we don’t ask her to do much. Example: my sister went to my mom’s house for some homemade pizza. She arrived at 730pm, and dinner (pizza) wasn’t ready till midnight. Yeah, that’s my mom!
The wedding: a guy here at work got married to his girlfriend. They are an older couple. They each have almost grown kids. It was nice to see a wedding shortly after mine (to compare---bad, bad!). It was nicely done. It was on a sailboat (docked)/restaurant in Philly. It was a nice, long reception with tons of dancing (that lacked in our wedding). I think the dancing had to do with the hour cocktail hour previous to the ceremony/reception that got everyone all liquored up. Plus, there was an open bar all night, which also helped the dancing! It was a lot of fun. KS and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Vacation: what a crock of shit that was. Here is where I go all negative on everyone’s ass. Now, I know all of this is my fault. I am in control of my emotions (sort-of) and you know that email forward we get with the happy go luck guy who chooses to be happy instead of sad all the time? Whatever. F-that. I tried. I tried so hard. I even prayed. None of it worked. I was annoyed all to hell. At what? Take one guess….yeap, KS’s daughter was along for the trip. Almost 2 weeks of 6 year old and I was so happy to come home that I was up at 722am on Saturday morning to come home!
You know what annoyed me the most? Not the kid, not anyone in particular. It was the behavior of everyone that got under my skin. Maybe I’m just emotional, or sensitive, or too strict. KS says that maybe I’m too strict on things and that I should believe in the “let a kid be a kid thing.” Possibly. But, the kid acted like a goddamn fool most of the trip. I blame his mother. She let the child get away with, and get any and everything she wanted. All the child had to do was say “can I have, I want” and BAM she had it. It was so frustrating. I felt like saying “doesn’t anyone know the word NO or have her do something to work for it?!” geese. Am I really that bad?
Not to mention when we were all riding places together the child didn’t wear a seatbelt when in the back seat w/ her mom-mom b/c she wanted to lye down on her mom-mom’s lap and play her game boy, smear up my windows with her feet, hit her mom-mom, kick me when I was sitting next to her. Yeah. I was annoyed. And the child couldn’t keep her shoes on for shit. We’d be 5 min from the house…and the shoes were off in the car. They were freaking flip-flops, but did anyone say, “put your shoes on?” no. Mom-mom said, “Just run in the house fast, the ground is wet” Grrrr. Not to mention the child interrupts you when you’re having a conversation (whether it be in person or on the phone). My mom would’ve had my head if I interrupted her like that. It’s just rude. And she doesn’t just talk over…she takes her finger and jabs whomever with it…repeatedly till she has their attention. Yeah, I was so over it all.
And my other main annoyance which was my ultimate reason for not having a good time---I wouldn’t let go (in my head) of the fact that she was on vacation with us. I couldn’t get over the fact of not having “me” time. Not being able to lye on the beach for hours, not being disturbed, not having to play board games, card games, watch kiddie movies, or do what she wanted to do (which was sort-of what we did, if not, it turned into a kid-centered thing). If I had just relaxed and gotten over it, maybe I’d’ve had a better time. But I didn’t. Instead I cried, got frustrated, closed myself off, walked away, or sat alone. I know I was so obvious, too in my actions. I couldn’t help it. GOD made sure that I didn’t get any nice beach weather either b/c of my attitude. We only had 2 sunny, nice beach days. My absolute favorite thing to do is lye on the beach and he/she didn’t let that happen. He/she let is pour rain, or be overcast almost every day. Dammed you!
So onto cooler things. We did see stingrays in the water. How cool was that? It was so cool I high-tailed my ass out of the water! Haha. Yeah, that was about as exciting as the trip got. We went to Margaritaville again and got to nachos. They weren’t as good as I remembered. But they were still awesome.
Yeah, that was it for awesome. And that’s it for this update. It’s long enough, I’ve filled in a few weeks worth.
1 comment:
Hey girlie! Found you via MisstressM (so it's all her fault!) ha..ha..
Seriously though - I'm *totally* with you on this one. I had to do the "Family Thanksgiving" at Disneyworld a few years ago. Me, my (now Ex-)hubbie, his two rotten little girls and HIS whole freaking family and their kids. I was ready to slit my wrists before the 6 hour drive to Orlando was over.
I came down with a sinus infection in the middle of the week (I'm pretty sure I was allergic to his spoiled little snots) and on the drive home - I actually cracked my front tooth off because I was grinding my teeth so hard from the bullshit going on in the back seat. (we got them individual DVD players w/ headsets and yet there was still pissing and fighting and punching and screaming!) auuughhh!!
Ages...one was 6 the other 11. And just like you, the mom (and the Ex) gave them anything they wanted. Drove me crazy!
Oh..and the 6 year old? Yeah...I'd been with him since she was 2 and for 4 years she would hit me every chance she got and he would do nothing about it. "Oh, she's just acting out..oh, she's just 2..just 3, just 4..." augh! I wanted to wrap my fingers around that childs throat and throttle her like Homer does to Bart!
I feel your pain sweetie..I FEEL your pain! :)
Post a Comment