Friday, February 9, 2007

The engagement, the coachign woes, and stuff

Please excuse me, it's been 8 days since my last confession (strike that), I meant entry.

haha. Where should I start?

Valentines day---I have absolutely no idea what I"m doing for KS. I had a few ideas, but not sure what I want to do. I bought him a card already (check). But now the presents (unchecked). I thought of getting a bottle of wine from the winery in South Carolina we liked when we were there for vacation last year. But, they sell them cheaper by the case, and I thought about buying a case, but a) we don't have the room, and b) who needs a case of wine? I mean the wine is good, it comes in flavors such as elderberry (our favorite) and blueberry, or raspberry. I love them all. Anyhoo, so then I was thinking maybe buying him something that he wants like a new keyboard, or tint for his car. Oh, and then there's the possibility of getting him a gift cert. for a massage. He's been complaining for over a week now (maybe two) about his back hurting. I thought that'd be something sweet. I can give him a massage, but not like the hour they give you, and I have no clue what I'm doing---they do. See?

Coaching---haven't heard from the private school. BUT I did talk to my college coach and he told me about a position @ the high school he is working with and I applied/called immediately. She wrote me back today and we set up an interview for 230 on Tuesday. And get this--the head coach I'd be working under is one of my old high school coaches!! He was the JV coach, so technically not my coach (I never played JV) but I knew him. He coached my sister. So yeah, being as the private school is dragging their feet, I"m moving on.

The AD from the private school called & emailed me about the position, but he's waiting for the head coach to call me, and for the head master of their school to contact him about money so he can make an offer. but, apparently there's been illness/death in both their families so there's been delays. And he apologized and said this is abnormal but he's still very interested in me as a coach. He asked me if I had other people waiting, and I said no (which was true last Friday) but that put the idea in my head that I should be looking elsewhere. And that's when i saw an ad in the paper for another high school (that has been filled by a district person--blah) and my coach called me about this other one. I believe (cross fingers) that I'll be coaching somewhere this spring!

School--I have two more weeks left of my first block. Thank goodness. But, next block I'll have two new classes, and I'm not very excited about piling on more work. eeks. I still have the one semester class to get through (that's both blocks) and the assignments and observations are time consuming. I like my placement though. I'm in a first grade class, and the teacher I'm observing under is really, really great. Her kids are fun, and she knows a lot about her job, which helps me. It's nice finally being in a regular classroom.

Work--sucks as usual.

Oh, I have news I forgot to share. Well, I shared it w/ J over our novel emails. But, I was scared to tell you guys. But, I'll tell ya.

CQ was reading through the Sunday paper and saw something she had to text me. The events are as follows:
CQ: What's Bigg's last name?
Me: _______
CA: OMG he's engaged and getting married in Sept!
Me: wow, I'm going to have to get the paper now.

KS and I were visiting his mom in lower state. And I couldn't find a paper! I got a little emotional in the store. Not because I couldn't find a paper, but I was really sad to hear the news. I don't' know how or why to explain it. One thing I always said/prayed was that I hoped he found happiness. Him and I couldn't' make each other happy. It was constant disappointment and tears when we were together (for me anyway). There was so much doubt, and I want to say walls between us, barriers that didn't let us get close. Anyway, basically him and I weren't ever meant to be together. Like CQ told me, I have Ks and he's way better , and it was his loss plus I'm much happier and more loved. And like 3mom said "I'd tell that girl, he'll never love you more than he loves himself" So true. KS and I stopped on our way home to pick up one. I saw the picture of them. complete with the description of how he proposed and get this--those fuckers are getting married on the beach.

My wedding is on a beach, dammit! Oh well, my wedding will be filled with love, and that's all I care about. I'm so glad I have ks, and there's no doubts, no holdbacks, no reservations. He has loved me from minute one, and I never had to fight for it. He just does.

so yeah, that's been my week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I am so glad I can leave comments now. YAY!!!

You know, I think you'll be where you're meant to be when the time comes, whether that's at the private school or this other school. I don't know how, but life seems to put us exactly where were supposed to be. Good luck with the interview! I think you'll do great.

And as for Biggs, it is definitely his loss.. but it ended up completely being KS's and your gain in the end. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow girly! what a week. You got more accomplished in a week then i can in a month.

Anonymous said...

If you need someone to crash Bigg's wedding, just say the word. A little sand storm, a football game out of control...

Anyway, I'm amazed...I actually knew most of this stuff! YAY for novels...

-J.