J--Happy birthday. No, I'm not re-naming this blog, and I would catch you w/ my belly and all :) Yeah right, Mr. track runner--as if.
cinnkitty--funny you should mention the belly thing. So far it's not so bad. No random strangers yet b/c even though I'm halfway there (a week away from 1/2 pt.) I didnt' feel like its showing that much yet. I still feel like people think I could have just a belly. Anyhoo, so no strangers, but friends and family have touched it. The scariest was when KS mom wanted to see the belly. She had me pull up my shirt (if that wasn't embarrassing enough in the parking lot of applebee's) she touched it!! then my friend Dee, she came over to get some clothes from me one day and she brought her boyfriend. she was so excited and like just gravitated towards it, then told her boyfriend to touch it! You could tell he felt SO awkward doing that. lol.
I had an incident with the owner of my company last night. It reminds me the opposite of cinnkitty's post of
http://pinkpiddypaws.com/2007/08/10/this-is-why-i-make-the-big-bucks. It was 455pm, I should've been out of work ten m inutes before, but hey, I was there and goofing off w/ 3mom. But the owner asked me to help him with something. UGh, I rolled my eyes b/c when he asks me to help him, usually it's for typing letters and interpreting his scribble. And those tasks take about 20 minutes of my time and hell, it was 5 minutes to 5 and I was ready to roll. But he needed help with his computer. He had been set up by his son with a company email. He wanted to access this email through outlook. Apparently he does all his email at home through outlook and wants the same @ work. well, I dont think it could work that way. He then asked me how do I get to the email. And I told him, I go to this website (and I explain it's like AOL or Yahoo, its the homepage and of course he thinks I"m referring to soemthing else and has no clue), but I tell him to type it in his web address bar (he doesn't know what that is, and tries typing it in the search field), and well, we eventually get there. I tell him to type the information his son gave him and I leave his office. I packed up my things to go and before I left I asked him how it went. He says angrily and annoyed "Not well at all, I guess I'll have to ask (my boss) tomorrow".
Riiiight. B/c another 60 some year old man who can't even use a camera phone will help you more than I did. Fantasic.
And that is why I hate my job. Apparently any man can do a better job than a female simply b/c he's male..and older? I guess. Fucker.
I think that's all I have to rant on right now.
2 comments:
WOO HOO!!!! One year older...
Anyway, c'mon...it'd be a cool name!
Oh and I have no doubt you'd catch me. Probably slide tackle me from behind. RED CARD!!!!
-J.
PS--Loved the E-card
ha..ha..ha.. yeah, the "Owner" is asking you for something that is impossible to do unless he gets a lot more "complicated" than using Outlook.
I always laugh when people ask me how come they can't see their emails on the home computer on the computer at work.
Well - I say - think of it this way. Email is a little package swirling around the universe that is "the internet" and it has a delivery address that belongs to you. When you open "Outlook" on your home computer, the email package goes "HOME" to Outlook on your home computer. That is now where it lives, that computer is now it's forever home.
So even though you are checking the SAME email address at work that you use at your house, the email at your house won't be seen because it's Home, safe and sound, behind a locked door called Outlook.
Your Outlook on the computer at work has a different address. See? So if you deliver a package to your home, why would you think you could see that package at work? huh? huh? WHY?? Dumbass. (well..I don't actually say the dumbass part)
Now.... if you want to always be able to see your email, whether you are at home or at work.. you have a couple of options.
Option #1 - requires leaving a copy of the message on the server for a specified # of days. If you do that, then the email will go to it's outlook home at your house and a "Doppleganger" - that's a replica - of the email will still be swirling around the Internet for say..oh. 3 days. So if, before three days..you open your Outlook at WORK with the same email addie, that Doppleganger will slide home to your work computer. But remember, it's just a copy of the original, so if you made changes at "home" it won't be the same thing.
Now..this can get complicated AND eats up server space so I don't recommend it.
Option #2.) Don't use Outlook. Instead....use the web based email program(like you were trying to explain to this dunder head). Using web based mail means that the email is ALWAYS out there swirling around in the "universe" that is the Internet. It lives on the net, so it can be seen from anywhere you can access the net.
But the minute you use a program like Outlook - it SUCKS IT FROM THE INTERNET and you can't see it from anywhere, only from the computer you used Outlook on.
Which leads us to Option #3 - Invest in a freakin' laptop and keep all your emails on it. hello? It's called portability. Geez! :)
Okay..okay... there are lots and lots of other things that can be done, but never try to explain things to a non-tech person. You'll cause yourself more headaches than it' worth!
I feel your pain darlin'..I FEEL your pain.
Ooo..ooo...has your belly button popped out yet?? hee..hee..hee.. Is that like a turkey timer? When your belly button pops out, does that mean the baby is done cooking? ;)
Soooo...people want to touch your naked belly flesh? Hmmmm.... I haven't heard that one before!
Post a Comment