Cinn--I believe I do need either a relaxing all to myself and about me day, or a something w/ the girls.
well, this week is about the girls. Today is my little sister's 26th birthday. By god that makes me feel so old! And tomorrow is 3mom's birthday, and saturday is her oldest daugthers birthday. yes people, that's 3 birthday's in a row. CQ and I went out buying 3mom presents this weekend. Now, 3mom doesn't hve much money b/c of her situation so she needs things. Like me, she probably needs and wants things to do for herself but w/ 3kids, how do you do that? I was going to buy her a gift certificate to payless or somewhere b/c she's wanted a new pair of boots for the past year and so that i've worked with her. But CQ wanted to get her a margarita glass set, and maybe a chip and dip bowl to go with it. i was fine w/ that. It ended up that we bought her not only a margarita glass set, but a blender, and a crock pot, and a bottle of tequila. WTF, I am not made out of money. Good god. I spent maybe 40 or so dollars (and times two thats 80 dollar present)...double what I'd planned. Well, ok, I planned on giving her maybe 25 for the gift card...and so we spent 40 right, well CQ also wanted to get her daughter this 30 dollar dancing mat and a 13 dollar cd. I was only gonna get the kid maybe something for 10 bucks. And this is before I've even bought my sister anything!!!!
Then CQ wants to take 3mom out to drink tomorrow night and I'm supposed to drive 3mom home since she lives close by and i'm pregnant which equals automatic DD. Well, hello, after I've just spend over 40 bucks on her that I didn't plan on, I really dont wanna spend MORE money that i don't have on drinks...that i can't drink!!! WTF
So that would be my girls night out tomorrow night, but I"m not trying to bar hop or go out to some loud ass place with music and dancing and have my 5 1/2 month pregnant ass all over the place and out till 1am. I can't stay awake hardly past 1030!! I don't know what to do about that either. Should I tell CQ that i don't wanna go? i did kinda in my round about way. I said I didn't wanna go where 3mom wanted (in the city). Frankly, I dn't wanna go at all. the idea of taking her out for a few drinks while we sit around and talk was fine, but not an all out group in the city--sorry folks melly ain't playin that.
My sister is happy today though. i got her one of those flower arrangements thats made out of fruit? oh yeah, good stuff. She got me one last year and it was fantastic. I got her one w/ a chocolate dipping sauce. Yummy! I'm going to go after work today (i know, i know, bad sister) and get her a gift certificate to get her nails and toes done. I got her a shirt and earings that I have yet to wrap! eeks. Then we're going to dinner tonight w/ her co-workers and my mom. so that should be fun.
Well, on cinn's great advice, I'm going to schedule and appointment to get my hair did!
4 comments:
Sweet!! A glamour do for a very Glamour YOU! :)
Oooohhh... you can be my sister anytime you want. Gift certificates to have nails and toes done?? Rock ON!! I loves me a good mani/pedi!
I'm with you Mel (Melly? ha..ha.ha.. cute!) You *so* do not need to be dragging your pregnant self out and about the bar scene. That's just bizarre. What about a freaking coffee shop or cafe or even a nice Tea Room, maybe? But not a place with alcohol and cigarettes. Ick! Ick! Ick! Bad for Mel and doubly bad for baby. (not that you would be drinking -- but drunk people around you is no good either!)
What you should do (iffn you don't go out with the girls) is turn the A/C in your place down real low, grab your favorite fuzzy jammies, a great book, warmest blanket, cup of Hot Cocoa and curl up on the couch with your hunny bunny and snuggle and read. :)
Hey...it's what I would be doing --ummmm...except for that whole "pregnant" part. ;) This kitty has been spayed..ha..ha..!!
Take care toots and enjoy your time at the hair dressers!! Mmm.....I loves me a good shampoo boy...um..I mean shampoo job. ha..ha..!
Since when pregnant women cant drink? What? I say you guys serve her punch and that will be the day. Seriously, if you cant drink, she shouldn’t either. That’s just how I see it.
UPDATE !!! Come on woman.. you are killing me here!!! ;)
Woman! Update already
Post a Comment