Thursday, January 18, 2007

silly entry, but serious one about global warming, etc.

Here is exactly why I'm happy it's snowing here now. Read this news

Not only are we closer to atomic bomb/nuclear distruction, but the world is falling apart because of us.

I've been so worried about this issue of global warming lately. I watched an Oprah special about it (I know, I know...Oprah runs my life, she tells me what to do...etc.) and I went out and bought energy efficient light bulbs with my gift certificates from Christmas just so I could help save the planet. But, then a part of me wonders, is this real? Is the Earth really in that bad of shape? Should I buy a hybrid car now too? Should I stop watching Oprah??!

I mean then I think to myself..is this what they want us to think? You know like one of those government/media things to distract us? Am I being silly?? I mean I'm so confused, and so worried even thought I feel I have no control over it. I can't make ice caps stop from falling into the seas. I can't help that hurricaines and natural disasters will come worse and worse. Or can I? I'm so confused and torn up about what the world might be like when I'm my grandparents age. Or what will my eventual kids have to live with?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have been worried about this, too. have you seen that al gore movie, the inconvieniant truth? that scared the bajesus out of me!

but, i will tell you one thing.... the energy saving light bulbs really don't do much. when i worked at home depot they were a craze. then months later they were being returned left and right because #1- they don't last as long as they say they do, and #2- people were finding out light bulbs are the lowest waste of enery in a house and cost only about .04 cents an hour to run.

sorry i didn't get to warn you before you spent your gc's on them. but, many of the electrical experts i ran into there say the light bulbs are just a ploy to get people to spend money so we can feel we are doing a part in solving the real problem.

(oh, and yes, i had my whole house full of the energy savers at one time, too. but, they have all since burnt out. DEFINITELY not making it the 8 years they claimed; more like 1 year. i replaced them with the regular ol' bulbs.)