Thursday, January 18, 2007

Vegas 07

I know I've been gone for what seems like forever. But I have good reason. I was in Vegas!

Not party-party in Vegas, but to visit my grandparents. I miss them so much. I grew up w/ them living here for my first 13 years of life, and then they moved. They moved b/c the climate is much dryer and more suitable for their arthritis. They can be active (my grandma walks for an hour each morning!) and they love it out there! I miss them so much though, and I'm very very glad after the whole fiasco of me trying to get off work (below) that i got to go.

So yeah, the journey to actually getting to go was fun. I told my boss early December (when my mom told me) that my mom had bought me a ticket to fly out to Vegas in mid January (this was one of my Christmas presents from her). I asked him if he was going on vacation and of course he was. I was originally supposed to go out from Jan 12-15th, but since I was to be out on a Friday, no one could do payroll. And of course, I have to be the savoir around here, and my mom changed my flight.

At first my boss wasn't happy b/c he was going on vacation. Frankly he didn't care b/c he was going on vacation and he planned his a year ago and who was I to say I wanted to go somewhere at the same time. But, he said it shouldn't be a problem so long as I went later in the day Friday (to get payroll done). I talked it over w/ my mom, and she said ok adn changed our flight (in early January even though I told her right after in Dec. that it wasn't a good day to leave). But she changed it, and that was that.

I called my boss back and forth (it was a Saturday that my mom changed everything) and within a half our after telling my mom "ok, I can go" my boss called back and says it's not going to be a good idea if I go. Lovely.

but, my mom was pissed b/c she already changed the flight, and paid money to do that. And my boss was harping on "why can't you go another weekend?" But at this point I didn't care, was frustrated and just wanted to go visit my grandparents. I hadn't seen them in 2 years, and I haven't even been out to Vegas in 13 years (I went shortly after they moved in) and by this point they have a new house, new dog, etc. and I wanted to go dammit.

When I came into work, my boss was being distant and asking what I was doing about my trip. So I went down the the GM of my company and asked him if it'd be ok to go and explained the situation. He said it was fine to go , but in the future my boss and I cannot be gone at the same time. I thought to myself "woohoo" and with that I went to Vegas.

When I came back Wednesday the GM of my company told me that shit sorta hit the fan while I was gone and that the owner was not hapy that I was gone. At that point I didn't care b/c I had already gone to Vegas, right? But apparently he was more mad at my boss for not mentioning it to him that we both were going to be gone (not just him). and frankly I thought my boss did it on purpose. For one, because he knew the owner prob. wouldn't like that idea and would tell me I coudln't go, and for two, because he wanted to get the hell outta here w/out any fuss or complications. I think he coudl've cared less b/c he didn't offer me any suggestions or help as to what to do while I was gone for the girl who would be takign care of things.

Yeah, so that was the work dilema. I'm going to end this entry and try another one later today.

No comments: