Well the interview went great! I really liked the school, and the A.D. (athletic director, basically my would be boss) seemed really nice. The only downside of the job would be the pay. He was going off on some ranges of what his coaches get paid. The highest amount he gave me was the same amount the college was going to pay me. Now, I didn't want to do the college b/c I thought the pay sucked for the amount of time you have to put in. You don't have to travel in high school like you do in college, so that is an upside to this job. I would get paid monthly rather than at the end of the season, another upside. I just really don't want to make that much less.
I went home and reviewed my pay from the other high school I worked at. Granted, the A.D. there was my head coach that I worked under. So that was a big push for me, and I'm taking that into consideration. Plus, my first year there I did two jobs, and he paid me for that. But, it's still far more than what this guy was presenting.
So I'm thinking if he can offer me the high end of the range he was talking, then I'll go for it. The positive i keep thinking is that he said he didnt' want the pay to be a reason as to why I wouldn't take it. He said he did have a budget to keep in, but that he'd try and make things happen. Which, was great to me. Plus--and here's the big thing. I'm a female. Which, is great in coaching other girls. Most coaches are males, and females need role models---so I'm a rarity and definately a plus in the coaching world. And he mentioned something about that too.
I'm excited. I'm hoping for the best. And I'm going to leave it in the good Lord's hands. He knows best, and if it's meant to be--I'll get it.
I called my college coach last night because I put him down as a reference. I wanted to give him a heads up in case that guy should call. We talked about coaching, and he was asking me if I had called these other people he told me to. One was for an opening at another private school he had told me about. The other was to call a local soccer club and try and get in there either coaching or training a team. Of course, I hadn't called either one, and he threatened to never talk to or help me out again! lol. but after I hung up with him I called the club person he told me to call.
He told me in a previous conversation to take classes on coaching. I did complete one class--sort of. But I got the license, so I guess that counts?? Even though I only went for 4 hours of the 20 hours I was supposed to? It came in the mail with my name on it! I was pissed b/c apparently it used to be that you could be exepmt from that if you had played in college. I talked to the guy about that the first night and he said "well, that used to be the case but we found that didn't work out to well, so we don't do that anymore. You're where you're supposed to be." I thought to myself "dammit that sucks." But, I asked my coach and he said I was good to go, and just sign up for the next one. So that's what I'm going to do. That class isn't till February. So I will have 2 coaching licenses behind me. Woohoo for a kick butt resume.
1 comment:
Babe I hope you get this
Post a Comment